Whenever I see a pretty floral, I can’t resist buying it. For this bishop dress, I decided to change a little and do the front opening version. Also, I spent a little extra time at the beginning pleating the sleeves so the construction would be quick. For the pattern, I used Miche Mooney’s Smocked Bishop and the plate is Ellen McCarn’s Mary Elizabeth, Round Yoke Design II.
Because the dress is a size 2, the rows to be smocked were adjusted to seven. The smocking design is one of my favorites because it is easy to do and looks great on anything. I have used it on many different patterns.
The placket was much easier than I anticipated as well. The instructions were well written and easy to understand. I thought the sleeves looked so sweet too!
Many thanks to the sweet ladies at The Smocking Bird for their helpful suggestions! This dress will be a staple for some little girl’s closet for years, or at least until she out grows it!