We have been getting our house ready to sell by clearing out furniture. When clearing a cabinet in my sewing room, I found some fabric that I bought a year ago to make a sundress using the Maggie’s Classics Sundress pattern. I saw the completed outfit at Thimbles Heirloom Sewing (thimbles-heirloomsewing.com) and loved it. This weekend, instead of packing up the fabric, I decided to make the sundress. It was much more difficult than I anticipated due to the lack of clear instructions. The pattern is for a sundress and matching bloomers. The bloomers are supposed to be smocked but I decided against it. Also, the ruffle on the sundress is supposed to be smocked and I did not choose that option either. I used the template for the back piece of the bloomers as the pattern piece and just gathered the ruffle. The bloomers were the most difficult for me. Next time, I will do the bloomers the way I normally do bloomers and disregard the pattern instructions. The top turned out perfectly and was done in one day. The pattern also did not call for piping but the sample at Thimbles had piping and it looked great so I added it to my dress. It was definitely harder than I anticipated but turned out very cute.
IMG_0139

IMG_0140

IMG_0147

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s